About me - Introduction

My name is My Linh Tran, I live in Hamburg, Germany and I was born 1995. Years ago I had a blog (www.mlt-chess.blogspot.com) about my chess adventures. But after two years I stopped. Now I have much more time again and I would like to introduce you to my world - not only to my chess world but also to all the other stuffs I do (e.g. Poetry Slam) - That's why I chose the title "My Linh Adventures". (Some of my friends only call me Linh, one of my favorite nicknames is lingling)

Dienstag, 25. November 2014

Oh, dear pupils...

Yesterday I had a performance at the Culture House 73. It was an under 20 Poetry Slam. I wrote a new text a few weeks ago and I thought... mh maybe, why not doing this on this very cool event "under 20 Poetry Slam" - So, now I know why I shouldn't. My new text is about the hopes and the meaning of life. About the fears to live... It can diverge, it's up to the people, how they interpret it. Unfortunately, yesterday two classes (9th or 10th grade) fill the room... and four of them were chosen as a judge.
I have to say that I didn't perform this text exactly like I wanted, but it was my first performance I got the feeling that the audience was inattentive. They were comparatively to Poetry Slams without classes in a state of agitation. This made me more nervous and I think they didn't understand my text. Not the bad points, but the atmosphere and the feeling they are not interested sadden me. Especially, the text really says what I feel...
Well, it was a bad day and now it is fortunately over. I will do this text with an audience without classes again and I am sure, they will appreciate it.

... Ps. I hate pupils even more now! hahaha :-D

2 Kommentare:

  1. Was nice to see you on stage again! Unfortunately the audience was some kind of... stupid. The host was right: "Some of you might not even be able to play the triangle, so respect the poet!"
    Some poetry slammer once told me that the first round simply is war: you can't get to the finals if the audience will understand your text only at the second time. It sounds sad, but sophisticated texts seem to work only in the finals.

    AntwortenLöschen